Readers love a good series. They like your characters and want to read more.
So, you decide to write a series of books with those same characters, setting, and so on.
Amazon says it is smart business to bundle your series because it creates “multiple entry points through which readers can discover your books.” In fact, there are many readers that look, specifically, for a series to read.
So, let’s continue our series for Indie Book Promotions by learning how to link our Kindle Book Series on Amazon:
- Create a name for your series. Each book must have exactly the same series name.
- On your KDP Bookshelf, edit each book description to link them. After you Login, click the ellipsis button next to the Promote and Advertise button by the title of the first book in your series.
- Select edit eBook details and look for SERIES.
- Add the series name in the first box, and its number (1,2,3,etc.) in the second box.
- Scroll down and click on Save and Continue. Click Publish Your Kindle e-Book.
- On the next page, use the same directions for your second book.
Now, the final step: notify Amazon that you have made a series.
Click Help at the top right of the screen. Then, press CONTACT US. Select Product Page. Click on Kindle Series Bundles.
Fill out the contact form, including each book’s ASIN and series name. Then, SEND MESSAGE.
If you write a new book and wish to add it to the series later, use the same form again.
Things to Note:
- Your books will still be listed separately on Amazon, too, so the reader can elect to order a single book or or scroll down and order the entire bundle.
- HOWEVER, you can’t discount your bundle. So, let’s say you have three, five-dollar books in your bundle. The bundle will cost $15.00 The reader doesn’t save money.
- You cannot write a specific description for your series. The description will be the description of the first book in the series.
- Your bundle will only be available on amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, amazon.de, and amazon.co.jp.
- Above all, remember bundling is only for the Kindle. Not for paperback.
Hopefully, some of these will change, soon!!!