A novella collection that I co-authored with three other authors is soon to be published. On top of the many decisions we have had to face together, one of the final ones in that of pricing.
So, I thought I’d let you in on what I have found out when doing a little online research.
When pricing books on AMAZON, you need to:
- Check out prices of books in your genre by successful authors.
- Stay in the range of $2.99-5.99 for the most sales.
- Be sure your book is quality—professional in writing, editing, cover design, etc. (Be objective about this!)
- Be sure your book brings value to readers—meaning information, entertainment, humor, encouragement, etc.
- Offer both books and e-books. Readers come in both types, you know.
- When possible, offer free e-books or countdown deals on both paperbacks and e-books.
- Adjust your price points occasionally to find that “sweet spot.”
- Remember: the more copies you sell (no matter what the price) the more awareness you’ll get from readers!