For those of you who feel strongly that you should write every day of the year, may I suggest the following alternatives on Christmas Day?
- Don’t just sign your name on Christmas cards. Instead, write a newsletter including highlights from the past year, or consider at least writing a short, personalized paragraph at the bottom of each card.
- Write a blog post.
- Write a letter or email to someone you have lost contact with over the years.
- Write affirmations to be share around the dinner table on Christmas Day.
- Take a small gift to your neighbors and include a short note.
- Practice your skills by writing a short story about an especially meaningful Christmas in the past, someone who has been instrumental in your life this year, or plans for the year ahead.
- Write a love letter to that special someone in your life.
- Write out some of your favorite recipes, tie them with ribbon, and give them as a gift, door prize, or …
You get the idea. There are many alternatives to actually working on your book on Christmas Day, so use your writing to connect with those you love.
Merry Christmas to each of you. May the New Year be filled with endless possibilities…